A site for residents of Prince's Ward, SE11, in the London Borough of Lambeth. Check for updates from your Labour Action Team's campaigning, local information, and meetings.
Thursday, 19 December 2013
Exhibition of latest Lollard Street proposals
Braeburn Estates have invited residents to an exhibition to present the latest proposals for Lollard Street.
The exhibition will take place over three days to allow as many interested parties to attend as possible. On the first two days representatives of Lambeth Council and the project team will be in attendance to answer questions.
Exhibition Dates And Times:
Thursday 9 January 2.30pm - 7.30pm
Friday 10 January 12.00pm - 5.00pm
Saturday 11 January 11.00am - 3.00pm
Black Prince Community Hub, 5 Beaufoy Walk, (Off Black Prince Road), SE11 6HU
Proposals are being drawn up for new housing, improved public realm and an enhanced, re-located Nursery & Children’s Centre on the Ethelred Estate along Lollard Street.
The proposals for Lollard Street include:
· Removal of the existing podium structure at the base of the Ethelred Towers
· New homes, provided through a mixture of houses and apartments
· New pedestrian routes and improved street level access
· Enhanced security with clearer sight lines and fewer enclosed areas
· Open space and landscape enhancements throughout the site, with improved amenity space and new trees and other planting
· New landscaped gardens
· A new building for the Ethelred Nursery, with more space, improved access and courtyard garden
Following the public exhibition held earlier this year, and focussed meetings with local stakeholders, the design team have been reviewing and progressing the proposals in response to feedback. Full details of the scheme proposals will be shown at the consultation event.
Some of the key issues considered include:
· Availability of new affordable units. Lambeth have agreed a local lettings strategy
· A reduction of the proposed number of new homes on site
· Better permeability and sight lines through the site
· Quality and maintenance of landscaping
· Access to open spaces for existing residents
For more information contact Soundings on 020 7729 1705 or email@example.com or visit www.lollardstreet.com
Pictured: Ethelred Towers during building work a couple of years ago