Lambeth Housing Standard Launch Event – Saturday 9 February 10am – 4pm
The Lambeth Housing Standard 'Big Launch!' will take place from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 9 February at 15 Hatfields, London, SE1 8DJ
The launch event will promote the Lambeth Housing Standard programme; encouraging residents to meet contractors, consultants and suppliers and for them to be able to view kitchen and bathroom choices, window and door samples and other materials such as boilers, taps, tiles etc.
Residents will be able to:
• find out about when they will have works carried out on their homes
• discover opportunities for job shadowing, work experience and apprenticeships offered by partners under the scope of the LHS
• investigate further education opportunities with Lambeth College
• find out about green issues and sustainability
• take place in hourly prize draws
The event will be run as a day long drop-in event with residents able to come and go throughout the day.
Pictured: More refurbishments of council homes, like this one at Brittany Point, will take place thanks to the Lambeth Housing Standard
Other housing news: 2013 rent setting
Tenants at the North Lambeth Area Housing Forum on Tuesday were pleased to hear that service charges will be reduced this year, and rents increased by only around 4%. Lambeth Housing's finances are in a significantly better shape than before, and services are improving. However, service charges for concierges are going to increase significantly, to reflect the true cost of providing the service, but the Council will be doing an intensive piece of work to reduce the costs of the service and make service charges fairer.