A site for residents of Prince's Ward, SE11, in the London Borough of Lambeth. Check for updates from your Labour Action Team's campaigning, local information, and meetings.
Wednesday, 8 July 2009
North Lambeth People’s Expo ‘People and Places’
A Community Event is being organised jointly by Waterloo Community Coalition (WaCoCo) and Kennington Oval and Vauxhall (KOV) Forum
Waterloo Action Centre
14 Baylis Road
10 October 2009
All North Lambeth residents and organisations will be invited to attend. The organisers would like to know at this stage if you would like to take part. Their proposals include:
• A ‘market place’ of service provision in North Lambeth. We would like service providers from the voluntary, community and public sectors to display information and promote what they do
• Free refreshments
• Free entertainment
• Family activities
• Opportunities including demonstrations and cultural displays for everyone to get involved
• £500 grant will be available to two North Lambeth organisations, to be decided by public vote at the event
• Question Time session – involving key local representatives/providers
The theme for this event is People and Places. The event is designed to increase opportunities for people to find out more about their local services, put questions to providers and to find out how they can get more involved in this area.
The event will provide opportunities for:
• The promotion of local volunteering
• Networking and information sharing between services and agencies
• A valuable opportunity for engagement between the community and your service or organisation on current and future work
• Asking questions of key individuals – those providing services and community leaders.
The organisers would like you to be part of this exciting event, whether by:
• having a stall,
• providing a 15 minute entertainment slot,
• applying for a grant,
• promoting the event to your members/client or
• sponsoring the event.
Space is obviously limited, so please contact David Fisher at email@example.com by the 18th of September at the latest so as to let the organisers know how you would like to participate. Stalls will be allocated on the basis of relevance to the theme, relevance to the North Lambeth wide community and the overall contribution they will make to the visitors’ experience at the event. Please therefore provide us with some detail such as what you would like to have on
your stall and what entertainment you would like to provide.
Pictured: visitors at the last North Lambeth Expo, in January 2008.