Volunteering speed dating in Lambeth
Following the recent public disorder, many residents called the Council to ask how they can help out. We have been amazed by the response and so Lambeth council is co-ordinating a Volunteering Speed Dating event next Wednesday to capture to obvious willingness to get involved in the community.
If you have been inspired by the recent community response to the Lambeth 'community clean up' or you have always just wanted to volunteer then come talk to like minded people.
Who is invited?
Anyone who wants to volunteer in the borough - no matter what level of commitment they want to give.
What will happen there?
You can have as much of a role as you want on the day. Come along to:
- meet people like you from across the borough
- talk to community organisations and groups needing further support
- get advice on how your skills can be used in Lambeth
- commit to volunteer or just talk to experts about the sort of thing you want to do
- get involved or be a wallflower, you can just listen to what's being discussed
- celebrate what we have here in Lambeth.
Local community groups, charities and organisations such as St John Ambulance and the police will all have stalls for you to visit.
The council will also have volunteering and community experts on hand for you to get advice and talk to.
To get involved contact email@example.com or @lambeth_council on Twitter.
Venue: Assembly Hall, Lambeth Town Hall, Town Hall, London SW2 1RW
Date: Wednesday 17 August 2011
Find out more by following @lambeth_council on Twitter and on the Lambeth Council Facebook page
(Picture: residents cleaning up Brixton after the riots, from the Brixton Blog )