LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
VARIATION OF THE WAITING RESTRICTIONS VAUXHALL WALK
(Note: This notice is about the variation of the waiting restrictions in Vauxhall Walk.)
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Lambeth Borough Council, on 15th June 2011 made the Lambeth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. 199) Order 2011 under sections 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The Order will come into force on 27th June 2011.
2. The general effect of the Order will be to ban waiting at any time in that length of Vauxhall Walk which lies on the south-east side, between a point 2.9 metres north-east of the party wall of Nos. 1 and 3 Vauxhall Walk and a point 2.5 metres south-west of the party wall of Nos. 7 and 9 Vauxhall Walk.
3. If you have any enquiries, please telephone the Council's Transportation Group on 020 7926 0324.
4. The restrictions are part of a larger scheme which included the installation of road humps in Vauxhall Walk and is intended to reduce traffic speeds, prevent obstructive parking and thereby improve road safety for all road users.
5. Documents giving more detailed particulars of the Order are available for inspection between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm (excluding bank holidays) on Mondays to Fridays until the last day of a period of six weeks beginning with the date on which the Order is made at the offices of Lambeth Borough Council's Transportation Group, 3rd Floor, Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP.
6. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Order or any of its provisions on the grounds that it or they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of that Act or of any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Order is made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 17th June 2011
Head of Transportation
A site for residents of Prince's Ward, SE11, in the London Borough of Lambeth. Check for updates from your Labour Action Team's campaigning, local information, and meetings.