(This notice is about the Council's proposal to reduce the length of certain parking places in Brook Drive, Luxor Street and Railton Road to allow for the installation of secure bicycle parking structures in those lengths of road instead. Objections may be made – see paragraph 6.)
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Lambeth propose to make the Lambeth (Camberwell) (Parking Places) (No. *) Order 20** , the Lambeth (Kennington) (Parking Places) (No. *) Order 20** and the Lambeth (Poets' Corner) (Parking Places) (No. *) Order 20** under sections 45, 46, 49 and 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to reduce the length of the existing parking places in:-
(a) Brook Drive outside Nos. 60/62 Brook Drive by 5 metres;
(b) Luxor Street outside No. 32 Luxor Street by 2.5 metres; and
(c) Railton Road outside Nos. 151/153 Railton Road by 5 metres,
to enable the provision of new secure bicycle parking structures outside (i) Nos. 60/62 Brook Drive; (ii) No. 32 Luxor Street; and (iii) Nos. 151/153 Railton Road.
3. The Orders are necessary to provide secure bicycle parking for residents who do not have the space and/or ability to securely park bicycles in or within a reasonable distance of their residence.
4. If you have any enquiries about this matter, please contact the Council's Transport Strategy Team on 020 7926 0677.
5. Documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders are available for inspection between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm (excluding bank holidays) until the last day of a period of six weeks beginning with the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decide not to make the Orders, at the offices of Lambeth's Borough Council's Transportation Group, 2nd Floor, Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP. To arrange a viewing please contact 020 7926 0209.
6. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed Orders must be made in writing and all objections must specify the grounds on which they are made and should be sent to Barbara Poulter, Transportation Group, London Borough of Lambeth, 2nd Floor, Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP, by 28th March 2014. Any objection may be seen by, or be communicated to, any person who has an interest in this matter.
Photo: secure bike parking elsewhere in Lambeth - London Cycling Campaign lcc.org.uk