LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH PROPOSAL TO INTRODUCE A ONE-WAY SYSTEM FOR VEHICLES IN ALBERT EMBANKMENT (SERVICE ROAD)
(Note: This notice is about the Council’s proposal to introduce a one-way system for vehicles in the service road fronting Nos. 9 to 20 Albert Embankment. Objections may be made - see paragraph 6)
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that, the Council of the London Borough of Lambeth propose to make the Lambeth (Prescribed Route) (No. *) Traffic Order 2012 under section 6 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. In brief the general effect of the Order would be to impose a one-way system for vehicles in the service road fronting Nos. 9 to 20 Albert Embankment in a direction from north-east to south-west.
3. This would improve safety for pedestrians and vehicles requiring access to and egress from properties and businesses which lie within the Albert Embankment service road.
4. If you have any enquiries about this matter, please telephone the Council’s transportation Group on 020 7926 0728.
5. Documents giving more detailed particulars of the Order are available for inspection Mondays to Fridays between 9.30am and 4.30pm (excluding bank holidays and public holidays) until the last day of a period of six weeks beginning with the date on which the Order is made, or as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Order at the offices of Lambeth Borough Council’s Transportation group, 2nd Floor Blue Star House, 234–244 Stockwell Road, London, SW9 9SP. To arrange a viewing please contact 020 7926 900 and select the Transport and Highways option.
6. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed Order must be made in writing and all objections must specify the grounds on which they are made and should be sent to Barbara Poulter, Transportation, 2nd Floor, Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP, by 17th February 2012. Any objection may be communicated to, or seen by, other persons who may have an interest in this matter.
Dated 27th January 2012
Head of Transportation